Ending Service

The former account holder or current account holder can report account terminations. 
If reported by the former account holder, the City will need to verify id using one of three methods for account changes prior to scheduling the account termination.  The former account holder can only schedule an end to their service, not the date the service will change to the new account holder.

(For rental properties that will default to the property owner's name, the City will call the property owner of record and leave a message referencing the tenant service termination date and transfer of the utility service.)

If reported by the new account holder, the City will follow the new account procedures to open the account and use the will use the phone number on account to leave a message for former account holder (this may be the landlord) noting the requested account date change. A template letter is available below to assist. 

Template service change letter