The Weatherization Assistance Program is a free residential energy conservation program that provides home improvement services to low-income Washtenaw County homeowners and renters. These services can reduce utility expenses by up to 30%. This kind of savings can be a real relief for those who have limited financial flexibility.
- Perform a comprehensive energy audit to assess the energy usage of a home
- Repair and replace inefficient furnaces and water heaters
- Replace old refrigerators with brand new, energy efficient refrigerators
- Air seal and insulate walls, attics, and crawl spaces
- Install energy efficient light and fresh air fan systems
The program is open to both homeowners and renters, although renters have to meet additional requirements (apartments are not eligible). Any resident of Washtenaw County that has an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level may qualify for the program.
Click here to view the flyer.