NEW Chelsea Police Dept. Pistol Permit Process
License to Purchase (LTP) pistols will be issued BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 3:00pm.
Please call the Record’s Office at 734-475-1771 ext. 104 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment.
• Download or contact the Record’s Office to request a CPD Applicant Data Form
• Submit your completed Applicant Data Form to Chelsea Police Department with photocopy of BOTH sides of your driver’s license/state ID
• LTP Application will be issued. THIS FORM NEEDS TO BE SIGNED & NOTARIZED
• Return notarized LTP Application in person (appointment needed)
• LTP will be issued if no disqualifiers
Once issued, your License to Purchase is valid for 30 days. You then have 10 days from the date of the purchase to return the Registry copy to the Chelsea Police Department.
A LTP is not needed to purchase from FFL Dealers (Cabela's, Ann Arbor Arms, Dunham’s, etc.).
Visit the Michigan State Police website for more information. http://michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1878_1591_3503_4654---,00.html
Concealed Pistol License Information and applications are available at http://www.ewashtenaw.org/government/sheriff/services/concealed-weapons
The completed applications must be submitted to the Washtenaw County Clerk’s Office.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pistol Registrations - FAQ Click Here