The Chelsea City Council has an open seat.
To apply, complete the City Council Candidate Form.
Information regarding the City Council position:
City Charter Chapter III Organization of Government
Rules of the City Council
Please forward the completed City Council Candidate Form along with an updated resume to the City Clerk via email (email@example.com), drop off at the City Office drop box or mail to the attention of City Clerk, City of Chelsea, 305 S. Main St. Ste. 100, Chelsea, MI 48118
Summary of key dates:
July 7th - Application Period Opens
- July 20th - City Information Session at Regular City Council Meeting
- August 12th - Application Period Closes
- August 17th - Process Update at Regular City Council Meeting
- August 24th - Candidate Interviews at City Council Special Meeting
- September 8th - Council makes appointment at the beginning of Regular City Council Meeting
- September 8th - Appointee's 1st Regular City Council meeting
- November 2021 - Appointee's term ends (Next City Election)